Lighthouse CI is a suite of tools that make continuously running, saving, retrieving, and asserting against Lighthouse results as easy as possible.
To get started with GitHub actions for common project configurations, add the following file to your GitHub repository. Follow the Getting Started guide for a more complete walkthrough and instructions on other providers and setups.
name: CI on: [push] jobs: lighthouseci: runs-on: ubuntu-latest steps: - uses: actions/checkout@v2 - uses: actions/setup-node@v1 - run: npm install && npm install -g @email@example.com - run: npm run build - run: lhci autorun --upload.target=temporary-public-storage
- Get a Lighthouse report alongside every PR.
- Prevent regressions in accessibility, SEO, offline support, and performance best practices.
- Track performance metrics and Lighthouse scores over time.
- Set and keep performance budgets on scripts and images.
- Run Lighthouse many times to reduce variance.
- Compare two versions of your site to find improvements and regressions of individual resources.
If you're already familiar with continuous integration and have an existing process, start with Getting Started.
If you're not familiar with continuous integration, start with Introduction to CI.
- Introduction to CI
- Getting Started
- Troubleshooting / FAQs
- Versioning Policy
Related Community Projects
A collection of projects using Lighthouse CI written by the community. If you're using Lighthouse CI in your open source project, open a PR to add it here!
Lighthouse CI GitHub Action - Automatically run Lighthouse CI on every PR with GitHub Actions, no infrastructure required.
Lighthouse CI Starter Example - A minimal example repo that you can use as a template when starting from scratch, offers a beginner-friendly quickstart guide using create-react-app.
A collection of unofficial blog posts, tutorials, and guides written by the community on using Lighthouse CI. If you've written up a guide to using Lighthouse CI in your project, open a PR to add it here!
NOTE: This is not official documentation. You're encouraged to familiarize yourself with Lighthouse CI and read through Getting Started before continuing.
- Integrate Lighthouse CI for static website generator - An article on integrating Lighthouse CI with static website generators like Gatsby, Jekyll, etc.