Veniqa Open-Source E-commerce Solution
Veniqa (Originally Veniqa New York) was a New York-based fashion retail startup that served consumers in South Asian countries to shop from luxury western brands.
Upon its demise due to logistical complications, the tech platform that powered Veniqa was open-sourced as a 100% customizable framework under the MIT License.
It is developed and maintained by Qarece New York, which shares some of the same co-founders.
Perfect For Boostrapped Startups & Hacky Engineers
We love Woocommerce & Squarespace! But vendor lock-in and zero code access isn't for everyone.
With Veniqa, you have choices.
- Launch yourself
- Get a premium support package
- Use the codebase for other projects
- API Server for Shopping Applications
- API Server for Management Applications
- Web Client for Shoppers
- Web Client for Management
Few Things Under The Hood
Built using the MEVN Stack & The Usual Suspects
MongoDB, Express.js, Vue.js, Node.js, Mongoose ORM, Redis, Sendgrid, Nodemailer (for fallback), Stripe.
Performant & Secure - cause we like it that way
- Distributed requests utilizing all system cores,
- Encrypted authentication and sessions,
- Backend equipped with request rate limiting to prevent scripted attacks and bot crawling,
- Database & file-based logging.
Built for the Cloud, with developers in mind
- CD/CI friendly codebase and configuration setup,
- Simplified dev-prod and local-cloud switches,
- Docker scripts,
- AWS S3 Integration for cheap image storage.
- Drag-and-drop design builders for home page customizations,
- Image Editor to edit and preview product images and thumbnails,
- Order tracking at a line item level,
- Tariff support for international shipments,
- Payment accepted in multiple digital forms and currencies powered by Stripe.
Quickstart for Developers
You can start up the entire suite of applications using
docker. For more information, go to Quick Start Documentation.
We are currently in the process of building test suites, and writing extensive documentation geared towards developers. In the meantime, any Pull Requests/Bug Fixes/Issues found are appreciated.
Refer to the Quickstart Guide above to get up and running in minutes.